Thursday, 8 May 2014

Evaluation

 
.
Ping magazine does not challenge the forms of media products but, it develops them. It has a master head, straplines and photo at on the front page. My magazine represents the mainstream social group. These are people who live in the world of the domestic and the everyday. They respond to big established brands, to ‘family ‘brands and to offers of value for money. Their core need in life is for security. This social group consists of people from the age of 13- 24years old; most of theses’ gender is male and black in skin colour. However rap music is for everyone examining its roots and growth. Giving people a product such as my magazine gives them hope and a better picture of life, that  dreams do come true and it's not everyone at person at the top who played it safe. Rap artist are millionaires most of them. What my magazine brings to this social group is motivation which stops them from being mainstream and encourages them to walk in a different lane (escapism). By escapism I mean escape from the idea of being mainstream, things such as going out and having an amazing party lifestyle or being respected gangster. The idea of being mainstream is planted by our careers or parents but it's not exactly something we would want to pursue.The rap music industry will distribute my magazine because; my magazine talks rap music artist’s dreams and nightmares, their struggles and their ambitions which is the core basis of their institution. The rap music industry refers to these topics as a powerful form of artistic expression that makes music out of the complexity of human language, not simply in the human voice. Distributing this magazine means they will motivate any individual in the mainstream/young rubicam social group into following their own path. That is why they will distribute my magazine. The audience for my media product will be mainly black teenagers and black young adults, people who want more from life than just security. I attracted my audience by using the black and yellow colour scheme on my magazine. Yellow is a bright colour which draws people's attention and black is the colour that most rap artists wear when they are making hit videos. the colours black and yellow have been the most talked about colours in the last 3 years because of rap artist Wiz Khalifa.Wiz Khalifa came into the rap industry in 2011 and introduced himself with the single "black and yellow". Now most rappers just wear black in their music videos because it makes them seem cool and using the colour on my magazine makes it seem "cool"aswell it and just represents rap music. From the process of constructing this product, I have learnt how to edit photo's on software’s such as Photoshop and pxlr and Microsoft publisher. I have also learnt how to use chrome books and apple marc’s. I have learnt all these technologies can be used to manipulate forms of media or create outstanding products. Looking at my preliminary task brief I feel I have learnt how to deconstruct music magazine quicker, just by looking at magazine front pages I can easily understand what each element stands for. I feel that I am able to take better pictures than before and understand the types of people better the succeeder, the mainstream and the struggler. I feel that my editing skills have also improve


No comments:

Post a Comment